Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1960 GMC K1000 Im Going To Break This Truck Off My Bumper!



Please enjoy the video its a slide show of the build blog post.

1960 GMC K1000 Build Blog Slide Show For Im Going To Break This Truck Off My Bumper Post. 


 The first thing any 4x4 needs is a push bumper for those pesky trees, fences and for exploding smart cars.

Don't forget to check out my 1964 GMC 1000 project there's a link to the right.
This is a cheap and simple mod in theory it dose take some skill and know how though. 

This is all you need along with a welder, torch/plasma and bolts if you chose.

Cut the ends off of the frame that the bumper mounts to bolt or weld your bumper extensions on.
 These are 11.5 inch lomg for a 5 inch space from the truck from before.


 I bolted them on so they could be removed but the real reason is because i got my hands on a plasma cutter for 10 holes worth of cutting lol .
 The frame is an inch off each other so i had to add spacers to make the bumper appear straight.
 All tacked up.

 I used 0.35 flux cord for this welding job its probably my favorite set up to weld heavy steel like this it just seems to penetrate better then welding with gas and wire yet more controllable then arc.

 I love getting carried away a bit as well but hey that's the fun in this!



All in all ended up taking me the whole weekend Friday night till Sunday afternoon.

Don't forget to check out the past posts showing how the truck got to this point under 1960 GMC K1000 also if you want updates on the truck don't forget to subscribe by email at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment